View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:07   #10725
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Will it? The Government have already slipped a 2025 commitment to 2033. And that’s still 12 years away. Then there’s a world of difference between availability of services and uptake of FTTP services.

In extremely rural areas residents are being quoted six figure sums just to get a 10 megabit connection, never mind full fibre.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...so-quotes.html
BT plan to complete their rollout by 2026 and Virgin by 2028. As far as remotest communities are concerned, they could all be covered by satellite broadband, but I’m unsure whether there are any plans for that.

The remotest communities didn’t even get hooked up to the electricity until relatively recently, and some may still not have an electricity supply. I don’t see why the absence of broadband in these areas would prevent streaming only services to become widespread, as buckeye said, and so I remain of the view that Premiere League sports will be streamed only before many people think.

The only question is which streaming services will they be? Clearly, Amazon and DAZN are already committed. Disney and Discovery are also hot contenders.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 06-10-2021 at 08:12.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote