View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 14:03   #10723
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Does the country really need super or ultra fast broadband to be rolled out before rural areas can experience decent internet?
Everything I read about Starlink from beta testers seem to indicate most if not all area's can expect 100-150 meg download speeds fairly consistently.
Ok that's not VM or FTTP speeds but its comparable to the best speeds most ISP's offer at the moment.
The service at the moment is expensive and from what I've seen is still a bit buggy but it will get cheaper and more reliable once its out of beta and more Satellites are in the sky.

This is just one way a more universal internet coverage will be delivered, One Web will offer something similar and 5G will also cover many more areas soonish.

All of that being said I hope DAZN don't take over BT Sport, BT has imho the best streaming service going, I'm talking technically not content.
It just works, it never buffers even when streaming UHD HDR with Dolby Atmos games, for live sporting events BT Sports streaming infrastructure is second to none.
If DAZN are successful I hope the use BT's infrastructure across their network but I would guess they will cheap out on this.
The whole country needs access before it ceases to be viable for a mixed streaming, satellite, cable presence to coexist. As you point out BT successfully work across streaming, in addition to satellite/cable and their own TV platform.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote