Thread: Windows 11
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 10:17   #82
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Windows 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
The TPM thing is madness. I have a relatively recent Asrock board in my desktop but the TPM module wasn't enabled in the BIOS by default. Staggering logic really because if it's enabled and not being used it doesn't cause any issues but not everyone has the technical expertise to enable it.

Kinda emphasises why I'm more moving away from Windows to Macs these days, they just work better (and I get on with the OS better). If I could cram a mac with TBs of storage, I'd not use Windows again.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

It was up until about win7. Most Win10 upgrades are inherited W7 installs and to be honest most of them probably still function fine. W10 of course has installed a new OS on us twice a year. And most Linux distros allow an in-place upgrade as does MacOS.

It was always a Windows exception because MS couldn't ever handle the upgrade path without causing a performance nightmare. Something which they have thankfully sorted now.

Although considering it takes about 5 minutes to install a clean W10 from a USB3 drive to a fast SSD these days, it's perhaps still better...
I had the same "opportunity" back in June when I was checking if my setup (Asrock Motherboard) was suitable/capable.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...S#post36084649
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote