View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 14:31   #10596
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m quite excited by this although it has it’s issues with the main German kick off times clashing with the outdated protectionist measure of the 3pm blackout and Sky’s main slots for the EPL.

A real test as to whether La Liga was genuinely popular or could Sky replicate that success by using SSN as a 24/7 linear broadcast advert as they do for the rest of their sports output. I’ve suspected for some time they could very easily. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Outdated 3pm blackout - how so?

If you want The country's football clubs to lose out on supporters who choose to sit at home and watch foreign football on a Saturday afternoon then that's likely to see a number of clubs go to the wall.

There again how many people actually watch foreign football outside of the odd big match (such as Barcelona v Real Madrid).

I watched a lot of Bundesliga football last year, due to a combination of being on Furlough and no Premier League/ Premiership Rugby being on.

Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The way the rights move around suggest I'm not the only one.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote