View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 14:48   #10001
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Amazon aren't looking for the lions share they merely look for opportunities that arise to include with its Prime offering and make it look even more attractive.

If Amazon really wanted Sport in huge amounts it could of already blown a lot of the American broadcasters out the water.

The rights on a territory by territory basis also aren't as appealing for global streamers. Its also worth noting Amazon spent around $6 billion dollars on its entire content budget for the year so to spend more than that just on Premier League Football just for the UK would seem a little far fetched to me.
Fundamentally the League needs to change how it sells the rights to suit another broadcaster entering the market. That’s a risk to the league though that they don’t and the rights in value further.

Amazon (or others) don’t want to bid blind to have spent a fortune on the rest while Sky retain the top picks. Similarly they don’t want to bid big to lose out on the rights in 3 years time.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
This reinforces why many of us think Amazon won't bid big for sports rights anytime soon:

https://videoadnews.com/2020/01/08/a...o-live-sports/
This is what I’ve been saying for a while. The current situation gives millions of additional customers minimal cost at a key time of year (and I’m sure many keep it going all year). The marginal gains for the next £billion spent would be much lower.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote