View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 14:37   #9999
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are the one saying they have no business model. Where did Amazon say they didn’t have one?
They’re a capitalist entity Old Boy. It stands to reason - it’d be remiss of them in their duties to their shareholders to have developed a credible business model and then not press ahead with it.

Quote:
You don’t know what they needed to test? We’ve been through this before. With so much money involved, any streaming company would want to be assured that sufficient people would be able and want to stream live matches. They would want to ensure that the infrastructure would support such a proposition. Nothing strange about that at all. This is the UK, not the US.

I have also pointed out that Amazon could decide also to set up conventional-type channels, although whether they would actually want to do something like that is another question.
We have indeed been through this all before, I’m not really sure how much evidence you want or need, now that what’s been apparent to me for ages is being picked up in the Telegraph.

The business model and/or delivery model just isn’t there. That could change, however I have my doubts. The UK has a well developed pay-tv market, and streaming isn’t the game changer you portray it to be - it’s only another delivery mechanism of the same thing. It doesn’t create from thin air millions of customers that Sky, BT or Virgin cannot reach.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote