View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 14:27   #9997
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I think I trust Amazon to know if there was a business model or not. They didn't put their hands in their pockets despite the rights falling in value. I think that's pretty telling.

I'm not sure what they really need to test - the BBC, Sky and many others around the world have been successfully streaming football for many years.

Again - there's nothing stopping Amazon (or anyone else) launching channels to supplement the streaming service on Sky and Virgin if the capacity isn't there to stream to everyone and build up from there as the incumbent rights holder.
You are the one saying they have no business model. Where did Amazon say they didn’t have one?

You don’t know what they needed to test? We’ve been through this before. With so much money involved, any streaming company would want to be assured that sufficient people would be able and want to stream live matches. They would want to ensure that the infrastructure would support such a proposition. Nothing strange about that at all. This is the UK, not the US.

I have also pointed out that Amazon could decide also to set up conventional-type channels, although whether they would actually want to do something like that is another question.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote