View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 16:19   #1035
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Another statement , another load of bollocks...

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

They were sunk even if they had gained carriage on Sky and Virgin.

The market for them was just not there end of.....

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

So given your obsessive narrative of the last 5 years plus regarding streaming then you are obviously not putting your money where your mouth is and here we are you are still a Virgin customer but alas it seems someone else is wearing the trousers in your household it seems..
What planet are you on, Den? How many times to I have to repeat that when I have access to pretty well all the programmes I want, and when Virgin offer me the option of subscribing to the streaming services I would select without having to subscribe to the pay tv channels, then I will do so.

If I made the move now, I would not get all the streaming services on one box and there would be a few programmes my wife and I watch now that I could not access. I am not shooting myself in the foot by making my move prematurely.

I make good use of Amazon, YouTube and Netflix as well as the BBC i-Player. I also get Now TV on my Roku, but with far fewer programmes than before worth watching on Sky Atlantic, I might ditch that in favour of StarzPlay before much longer.

So I am half way there.

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Except you aren't switching for the same content , so to get just a fraction of what Sky Cinema has you'll pay more.

It's not difficult for most to understand. Who can be arsed to keep switching when a new movie is released talk about a step backwards.
To keep switching? You mean to tell me that switching streaming providers every three months gives you brainache? I switched my music provider last night after a skinful and it was a cinch. I really can't understand why this is such a big deal for anyone.

No-one in their right mind is going to subscribe to a dozen or more providers because the programmes would not be accessed - it is simply too much. That's why switching a service now and then will give you better access to a whole variety of programmes through different providers.