View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 12:17   #1028
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So you think it will just be Disney doing this and the platform is untested? Disney owns Hulu and ESPN+ both tried and trusted platforms in the states so far from untested. They also own Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, National Geographic, and 20th Century Fox. So their offering will be a huge library of existing content plus new content being added continuously of films, series etc.

It is merely the start of new content delivery that you've all been slagging OB of for. I've agreed with OB before and still agree with him.

Time to get your heads out of the sand.
I didn't say the platform was untested, I said the business model was. It remains to be seen whether Disney retailing direct to consumers makes more profit than their wholesale distribution models.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Which is another way of saying that multiple TV channels will be replaced by far fewer streaming services, which is what I've been saying all along.

The fact that you question the viability of these platforms does not mean it is a problem. If it was, these companies wouldn't be taking this route, would they?
Hmm.

No, because not every business is a success, failure is a possibility. Some may find themselves coming cap in hand to existing platforms or other streaming services to bundle their content.

The perfect example of this is Eleven Sports / La Liga. They believed a market was there for a product that simply wasn't.