View Single Post
Old 20-01-2017, 19:00   #1506
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't know. The amount of things people thought would finish him that didn't. He will have a list of people to blame if he doesn't deliver and that's when things could turn nasty. He is a very adept populist.

At his speech though it's clear he intends to act on the things he has said for better or worse, he wasn't just saying stupid things to attract attention. He meant them.
That's what I mean, unless he lives up to his own hype he's going to be in trouble unless he can do what Putin has. Yes he may mean what he's said sincerely - we can only guess at that - but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Unless he seriously gets on with building that wall along the border with Mexico, for example, he'll have gifted his opponents a huge stick to beat him with and Americans aren't renowned for their patience are they...

Part of me thinks he's naive but then I give myself a slap and remember that he's a 70 year old billionaire who can hardly be that naive can he?...