View Single Post
Old 16-05-2008, 10:47   #6710
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Letter to legal team at BT now completed. If you want to see a copy, then PM me for a url to a pdf copy.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
I've finally had a reply from my bank regarding the new banking code, and I expressed my concerns over Phorm and it's possible impact on online banking activity with them.

They have stated that providing that I've not given my security details to anyone, and I've used reasonable care that they guarantee they will refund any loss from an account.

This paragraph did cause me a little concern though

I find this a little unsettling, why can't they discuss it with me? If someone was cleaned out as a result of hackers exploiting the Phorm system, would the banks use this as a get out clause to refund peoples loss?

I'm not happy with this reply, and I'm going to write back. I'll keep you all posted.
Ask your bank if they have any commercial link to OIX.net. And press them a bit harder with a specific question asking who is legally liable if your use of Webwise exposes you to bank fraud. Phorm, your ISP, the bank or you? PUSH!