View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:41   #125
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Here's a thought, stop all the SJW bullshit 'The Force is Female' , get rid of Kathleen Kennedy and try again - in about 3 years.
Of all the objections to the Star Wars films the idea casting a female lead is the weakest. Everytime a woman is given a top role people accuse films of 'SJW' agendas. Also the ones with Rey are not the films that have problems with production, reviews or commercial success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They reshot about 70% of the film but Ron Howard said the script was never changed. Whereas Rogue One changed the full third act during reshoots.
We'll never know what the actual problem with the original was since there was never a final cut of what the film would have been. It sounds like budgets spiralled out of control, the directors took too long to get their shots and were unclear on it and Disney seemed to freak out at what they were seeing.

The reshoots on Rogue One were objections to the ending. It wasn't as extensive a overhaul as what happened with Solo. A few reshoots is more common than reshooting so much of the film.

Disney probably do need to look at how they've managed to be unhappy at both of the non-Skywalker Star Wars films. Bizarrely it seems they give the director/writers on the main part of the franchise more freedom than they do the the 'spin-off' films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’ll say it again: I loved Solo, and I was delighted that they so obviously set it up for a sequel with the reveal at the end.
I would be surprised if they did a sequel considering the performance of this film. Especially since it's an easy timeline to ditch.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote