View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:26   #3450
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19 View Post
Hello,

I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I thought making a new thread would be unnecessary. I’ve had a Tivo 500GB box for a few years, and intend to upgrade to a V6 box. It’s always been my understanding that the customer rents the equipment from VM. Ideally I would like to keep the Tivo as I still have a number of programmes left to watch. I believe that by connecting both boxes to my router, I can watch shows stored on the Tivo on the V6?

I’m a bit confused, because I assume VM will ask for the Tivo box back, if I upgrade to the V6 as it is rented? And how does activating the V6 come into this - wouldn’t that deactivate the Tivo and render it useless? Assuming I can keep the Tivo to watch shows I have left over, would VM charge me extra per month? I’ve asked VM themselves in much simpler terms, and they didn’t have any answers, which was great...
You either swap the box and hand the other back or you pay for muktiroom and the engineer charge for muktiroom to keep both boxes
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote