Thread: General Channels switched to MPEG4
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 10:52   #20
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Channels switched to MPEG4

I've been thinking about the move of Sky Hits and Sky Sports Racing onto the multiplex/frequency mentioned by Media Boy above. They have been moved alongside what seems to be all (?) of the other Sky Cinema SD channels. It occurred to me that they might just switch off all of these SD channels as part of a new Sky deal.

My reasoning being that, as I understand it, Sky Cinema subscribers get all the channels, both HD and SD, and given VM customers all have HD capable boxes now they will see the carrying of the SD Cinema channels as a needless duplication.

As for Sky Sports Racing, there is an HD version, and it hasn't launched on VM yet. Maybe they will simply replace the SD one with the HD version?

So my theory is the whole of Tsid 18 multiplex/frequency, which these are now on, will simply be switched off rather than switch to MPEG4 SD versions.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote