View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 13:48   #344
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
O posted this in another area not realising this thread.

So how is VM going to monitor PHORM make sure they dont abuse us. I found it will monitor and pound us with junk advertising based on every single thing we do with our connection even reading emails. Surely this deal against our civil libities.

ps dont think you will get away with by saying vm can stuff it BT & Talk Talk done it too.

Link explaining Phorm and its evil empire

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/page.php?3

Oh by the way peeps OPT OUT does NOT safguard you they WILL STILL SEND your activities to PHORM.

AS ALL 3 main internet providers doing it you are screwed in the uk.

I think this is a hidden agenda and its not about advertising or keeping you safe from so called phisching its about finding out if you do things illegal.

In some ways I am for it if stops those 5% from raping the bandwidth but everyone could find the nasty men knocking on the door.

How mainy done some simple browsing and sites got hacked and sent you to nasty websites.

There is real danger this can easily be abused for the wrong reason who is to say our protected internet banking activities will be secure anymore.

VM and the rest are stupid.
I have made it totally clear to them that should this be a OPT OUT not a OPT IN then i will remove ALL my services from them.

I will then go to

BT for Phone.
Sky for TV
BE Unlimited for my BroadBand

A large loss to Virgin Media if we all do that.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer