View Single Post
Old 15-11-2013, 14:18   #9
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'll echo that - Justified, especially from the later episodes of season one, is outstanding.
I know everyone already knows about it but Breaking Bad really is as good as everyone says, getting bolder, braver and even more brilliant as it runs through the five seasons.
I'd also recommend Battlestar Galactica (especially for VM customers who missed it during the great Sky1 debacle a few years back); Firefly; House of Cards (both US and UK versions); The Killing (both versions); Orange is the new Black; and I've ever noticed that HBO/BBC drama Rome is on Netflix (the only HBO stuff I've seen though).
The UK content is fab too: Life on Mars, Cracker, Prime Suspect, Downton Abbey, Silk, Green Wing, The Thick of It, The IT Crowd...
The benefit of these series is that they didn't get canned after one series so you can genuinely get into each series without the fear it's going to be dropped. That's the advantage of coming into a series late. I can see us using Netflix quite a lot in the quit summer months when our back log of Autumn/Winter recordings has dried up and noting new is on. Life on Mars is always worth a repeat viewing.