View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 11:33   #3302
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

I wonder what Scotland would do with defence.

In a way they could spend hardly anything because they know their security is also of concern to the security of the remainder of the United Kingdom. Would they stay part of NATO? I know the corridor of water that sits above them is deemed as important for NATO. If they were part of NATO they would have to pay for some defence but the SNP can play to their base by disassociating themselves from the British military.

I suspect they would attempt to trade their acceptance of NATO and maybe keep trident in return for something else. However with all their pandering about nuclear weapons it's going to be a hard sell for the SNP to have an independent Scotland keep nuclear weapons, remain in NATO and pay 3% GDP for the privilege.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote