View Single Post
Old 18-11-2019, 22:02   #2472
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
"famous UK diabetic sports achievers" haha. What about all those asthmatic cyclists? Utterly laughable to compare the medical plight of hundreds of thousands to one or two athletes.

Your rush to defend the DWP at every turn is truly laughable. I just had a Google and it did not indicate the "usual process" was for an appellant of a fit for work decision to not have to claim Jobseeker's.

I can't believe I got banned from the Brexit thread for the week for the rather unambitious prediction that you work for them.
I'm defending facts and the truth. I am unemployed and receive ESA and PIP, so I do know and have experience of the process.

The quote says "Sportsmen and women with diabetes are common". So not so rare. Also, "Sport, or exercise of some form, is recommended for all people with diabetes".

Citizen's Advice.
Quote:
If the DWP doesn't change its decision, you can appeal the decision to an independent tribunal.
You can be paid ESA until the appeal is heard if you’re appealing a decision that found you failed the work capability assessment.
You can even get it backdated to start from the date of the decision, thereby covering the gap between that date and the mandatory reconsideration. Of course that all depends on your GP still issuing medical notes.

All irrelevant in this case, because apparently it is fake news.
Quote:
But a DWP source said reports the man had been declared fit to work were inaccurate and that he had been attending routine appointments for more than a year.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote