View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 22:54   #2363
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Remember video killed the radio star? Well the internet killed the video shop.

As a consumer times haven't been better. Most of us live in homes where we can get some of the latest movie releases piped straight to our TV at the touch of a button, at a cheaper rate than it would be to rent from a video rental store.

Sadly it has had a terrible effect on some local businesses. My local video store, which opened in 1980, shut up shot for good about 2 years ago. They tried to move with the times, renting DVD's, Blu-ray and console games but they simply couldn't compete. The same guy ran the store for just over 30 years. I remember back in the 80's, when times where good, he had a really nice house and drove a flash car. The guy had a year round tan from going on holiday all the time. I saw him last week coming out of the betting shop looking like a tramp.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote