View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 12:29   #10
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Re: Does anyone actually use a VCR anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
At Christmas I bought my mother a DVD recorder, plumbed it in for her and showed her how to work it. I visit her a few weeks later and she had re-installed the VCR, citing 'irreconcilable differences' between her and the DVD recorder.
I can see my parents having the same thoughts.
Their VCR is easy to use, put a tape in, rewind it if needed, and press record.
My DVD recorder, put DVD-R in, wait a minute (feels like a whole minute anyway!) while it reads it, check anything on it, go into the menu, delete the existing program(s), come out of the menus, and then finally press record!

But then maybe it's just my particular DVD recorder that's a bit slow & fiddly to get going.
Wish I'd spent a bit more and got a DVD recorder with HDD...

But I haven't used my VCR to record anything since I got my DVD recorder, but I do have a load of videos, so how would I watch those if I got rid of the VCR?
I have copied a couple of Videos to DVD just to try it, but will have to do more soon.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote