View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 22:51   #4997
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Currently watching it, so no rating yet. So far, however, it seems like a messily written generic Sci Fi film that they had a script for and thought "oh ****, we've written this script and got no way to market it", then decided to tie it to Cloverfield and release it with little or no advance publicity.

Good cast, good special FX. Largely wasted by the store so far.
Yep, I was right...

I give it 3 out of 10.

The good points.
The Cast. The special effects and the sets.
Now, the bad.

Everything else. The "story" is badly written, and is basically a collection of Sci Fi cliches (multiple universes? Check. Pretty looking multi cultural cast? Check. One character stuck in wrong universe? Check. Storyline about wonderful new tech that goes wrong? Check). This "story" is essentially a bad clone of a number of Star Trek stories, and is not told as well as any of them. Unfortunately, it lacks the humour and believable characters that are often present in Star Trek stories, particularly the TNG ones..

It seems like they bunged the Cloverfield name on to give them something to market the film with. Essentially, if the original Cloverfield is John Carpenter's Halloween, this is Halloween 3 (ie only a vague link between the two).

Had I actually paid for a cinema ticket, I would have actually felt ripped off.

Last edited by Stuart; 10-02-2018 at 23:52.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote