View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 07:22   #58
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Backlash as BBC teaches NINE year olds there is 100 Genders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I think people should feel free to sleep with whoever they wish, as long as it is legal and consensual. As such, I do have gay friends. Indeed, back in the early 90s, my best friend at work was a lesbian who was slightly older than me who, on reflection, actually looked like Harry Potter with bleached hair. I also have transgender friends and always respect their chosen title.

In short, I believe people can be nice or nasty regardless of age, biological sex, gender, sexual persuasion or any one of a number of arbitrary distinctions people can chose from.

Yet, there are those who have told me I am part of the problem, because by asking people to be nice to each other, I am apparently ignoring their differences. I am not at all. I don't believe *any* difference beyond practical should be used for discrimination.

I think to progress as a race, we should be moving past assigning labels to people for arbitrary reasons.

That said, I can see J.K. Rowling's points, and read the essay she produced explaining her view. By pushing Trans women so much, we are marginalising actual biological women who, are, after all, often recipients of prejudice in much the same way Trans women are.

I'm a bit confused as to the definition of "Ze/Hir", which are apparently gender neutral alternatives to "He/Her" for those who are uncomfortable with the term "They". If you want alternatives that aren't linked to a specific gender, why have two? Why not have one term?
There seems to be little wish to understand or empathise with the gender they are trying to be. That is where the gap lies, with any dissent getting the label TERF
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote