View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 20:39   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: How does 4G LTE manage download and upload speeds?

It’s handy in a way, if I badly need a massive download in a hurry all I have to do is move my phone mount 3 inches up and to the right and the download speed gets 4x faster. If I’m Zooming or Facebook Live-ing (which is mostly what I need the extra bandwidth for), then I move the phone mount 3 inches down and to the left and my upload gets 10x faster. I’d love to have 24 down and 4 up at the same time but you can’t have everything I guess.

What I am curious to know is, is this a direct result of radio interference/weakened reception, or is it indirectly, with EE trying to throw in some clever bandwidth management based on the precise characteristics of the radio signal I’m getting at any given moment.

I’m tempted to assume the latter, as my upload and download characteristics change so precisely as I move the phone around that they appear to be behaving in accordance with a profile that’s been imposed on them. But really I haven’t a clue.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote