View Single Post
Old 29-08-2018, 15:41   #5553
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Totally agree.

Taxi, Airplane, taxi, office, hotel (repeat last 3), taxi, airplane, taxi, home - so glamourous.

I went to NZ 12 times in 2 years in the 80s/90s - there's nothing glamourous about 37 hours solid travel, even if it is business class, and the number of times I've been to the USA and seen nothing but office and airport (because someone is paying a lot of money to have you there, so want their money's worth) are in the majority of my trips...

(having said that, you get to meet interesting people and gain viewpoints you wouldn't have got at home, so swings/roundabouts - the worst part is being away from your family for extended periods).
Yeah, it's always good to get there for the visibility factor but all the other stuff is just rubbish.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Safe Journey back and forth, Which part are you going too, ?
Jersey City. Where I am isn't too far from NY - just a ferry ride, but it always feels like too much hassle to go there.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote