View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 08:11   #8
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Weak Indoor Mobile Signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Dumb question - have you tried the WiFi calling option on the S8? (as ever other Operator seems to support it).

I know the VM site says S9 onwards, but nothing ventured, nothing gained
There is no WiFi calling option on the S8 - or none that I can find. Android 9 doesn't seem to have it.

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If you have a pressing problem with signal reception right now, and Wi-fi calling is unavailable to you, then you’re left either buying a femtocell that’s compatible with Virgin (Ofcom approved units are £££ I believe) or buying a phone virgin will support for Wi-fi coverage. Also £££ but probably slightly less.

Or, pick a mobile phone service provider that has coverage in the places you actually need it. That’s why I use EE; there are cheaper deals out there, especially for unlimited data which is what I need most of all, but there’s no point taking a cheaper deal if I can’t use the thing.
I'm on Ultimate Oomph and the SIM is bundled with my package. There is no problem when I'm out and about but it's an annoyance that I can't make and receive calls on my mobile when I'm at home except in the upstairs rooms.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote