View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 11:25   #9222
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

In the UK WWE is Sport - in the US it is Sports Entertainment.

WWE is really struggling for an audiance at present - their last PPV could only attract an in-house audience of less than 6000 and it seems nearly half those were given tickets to make up the numbers. Areas of the area had screens put up to hide the empty seats.

AEW on the otherhand sold out their August PPV in 15 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky decided "this just isn't worth the money anymore". Raw and Smackdown are the flagship shows and those watching have a very good idea how each part will end up as they have no decent script writers.

It looks like ITV are the winner out of the last Pro Wrestling deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I didnt know this was a sport thread? I thought it was for bt sport and sky sport news information? WWE is launching on BT so it counts surely?

I'm fairly sure ITV have signed a deal for AEW by now so WWE can't reach out to them. What BT sport get with this is a ton of live tv and all the other shows as well which will fill out their channels throughout the day. For Sky sports yet more rights they've lost which is becoming a downward trend whilst their prices are trending up still....

Any news on Serie A rights in the UK? I hope premier sports don't keep it
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote