View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 15:49   #13534
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

I have just phoned Home Bargains and spoke to the manager (Heather) explaining that my youngest cannot take the job and she is going to keep his induction day open tomorrow and if he does turn up then she will inform head office that he was offered another position at Tesco in which he accepted. The good news is she will not hold this against him should things not work out at Tesco and he has to let her know if and when he wants a job at Home Bargains she then went on to say that she know's him as he comes in the store some day's during his lunch break and that she finds him a well mannered and is always courteous as she said that she has a policy that school kids leave their bag at the door and that my son along with the group he runs about with was one of the few that did this without any backchat or problem, that made me feel good as a parent we don't really know what our kids are like with there friends all we can do is hope they remember what we have taught them and not bow down to peer pressure.

I have always said to both my boy's manners cost nothing and speak volumes and when out and about with your friends always act if I'm in earshot and can see you

In regards to Tesco I discussed my concerns with Heather and she said that is why she would only offer him a fixed part-time contract of 12 hours with the added agreement that during Exam time he only needs to do 8 hours she also agreed that he needs to remove Monday & Tuesday from the flexi contract with Tesco.

At least he has not burnt his bridges with Home Bargains thankfully as I can see him working there if Tesco flings in our opinion too many additional hours to him.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see if Tesco will allow him to remove Monday and Tuesday from his additional days if not and we feel his education is suffering or it's too much for him then we will discuss it with him as we will not allow his education to suffer we have not failed him as parent to date and don't intend to start now.

Gosh being a parent is hard at times but thankfully always rewarding IMO

Last edited by weenie; 06-08-2018 at 15:55.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote