View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 12:19   #6
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogadget View Post
Didn’t Virgin Mobile sign a deal with Vodafone a few months before the merger with O2?

Presumably something will be done when the Vodafone contract ends. In the meantime heaven knows what they will do, depends if they see any value in Virgin Mobile or not..
I can only offer my opinion on this.

You are indeed correct VM did sign a five year deal with Vodafone in 2019. With services moving over to the Vodafone RAN in 2021. I don't know if the 5years runs from 2019 or 2021.

At the moment both Virgin and O2 are keeping their identities in the merger, so it is possible for Virgin Mobile to continue as a brand and move back on to the O2 RAN in 5 years.

Though I wouldn't expect that to happen, I believe in the intervening years, or at the end of the five, the company will rebrand again and lose the dual identity.

A which point all Mobile customers will be moved onto the same platform.