View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 10:10   #4107
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
I think Hubby once got a ridiculous offer of like 15 for 5 pounds on that but the store didn't take out the individual cartridges from the main box of 15 - they were like 5 each. He returned it due to their error / but usually they are quite expensive - do you get them retail or wholesale? They just don't work out cost effective usually and unfortunately we live in kind of a hard water area.
If you can afford it and have space a Harvey's water softener is brilliant. We have one and they do work. Ours is dual tank and metered which basically means it's like 2 softeners in one case. It meters the water flow and periodically switches to the other tank while it freshens (with salt - 2kg blocks) the previous tank. Other units can use a timer and one tank which means at some time in the day whether you've used water or not it will freshen itself (again with salt) and while it's doing that you get hard water.
(We are biased to Harvey as we can get free salt for referrals but they don't do offers other than interest free credit and you can trials it for 3 months - essentially rent it for 3 months, if you then buy you get the rental off the purchase.)
</ad>

I once bought some paper at Staples. I bought a crate/box but they scanned the wrong barcode and only charged me for a ream which I didn't discover 'til I got home. I phoned them to rectify but they thanked me for my honesty and let me have my "discount". I guess it was harder to charge the extra than it was worth the effort to do so.