Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2020, 19:14   #261
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Thanks Media Boy. Shame even new channels aren't tagged with New on DigitalBitRate these days, maybe VM are being deliberately tricksey so we don't notice that easily...though I can't see them being bothered enough to do it, it's probably a side effect of something else.
We found on Tuesday but forgot to report at the time that Virgin Media UK did start testing TJC HD on Feb. 7th before launching on the network FIVE days later.

Source: DBR.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
According to Digital Bitrate there is a new channel testing - HZNFATST - http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...&sec=0&lang=en

They aren't giving anything away by the name they are using. Maybe it's the Turkish channel called Hazan Live TV. Or possibly a barker channel for the new Horizon interface?

Due to stream it using it may only launch for the few months.

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TiVo has reveal that HUM Masala will launch on Thursday via the red button on Channel 833.
TiVo home page has confirm that HUM Masala will close on Virgin Media UK on March 30th.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Sky has said the new Sky Documentaries channel is launching on 7th April and will be getting SyFy's channel number on Satellite.

No news as to whether SyFy is closing though, or just being moved.

Also no news about VM distribution.
Source: https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/sky-...-date-and.html
Look like SYFY UK is getting axe in the UK to me.

I am really starting to think that E! is safe but Challenge will be axe to make way for Sky Nature to launch on Virgin and Sky.

Challenge slot on Freeview will be use for Pick +1 (It broadcasting on Freeview HD right now anyway).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote