View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:25   #18
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Logmein Hamachi VPN permanently affecting downstream speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Yes. However, despite weeks of trying I couldn't find which setting and Google didn't come up with solutions either.
All it needs to do is alter one, maybe two registry keys. The trouble is there are potentially a *lot* of registry keys that it can alter.

I do a lot of mucking around with Windows, and while I don't do the low level mucking around I used to (I used to be someone who tweaked every single setting he could in an effort to tune Windows so it performs better, but I've long since found that Windows is now actually quite good at tuning itself, so the minimal performance gains I was getting weren't worth the hours of work I put into them), but I have frequently found the best solution if Windows is misbehaving, assuming you have good backups, and can re-install any applications easily, is a re-install.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote