View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 20:11   #758
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So I was right all along. You really do want to see our economy wrecked and our public services collapse.

The reason for your views now fully explained!
Sarcasm evidently lost on you.

On the contrary, I've consistently said what needs to be done, but if people disagree, don't want to listen or politicians want to ignore reality then there's only so much others can do. These decisions have deadly consequences, just like Herd Immunity Week back in March.

Quote:
On the whole, the government has done a pretty good job.
I'm assuming this line is for comedy value.

Quote:
This has been a hellish problem to deal with, at a time when the government was trying to deal with Brexit issues and putting this country onto a better footing following the period of austerity. Most people who criticise them are trying to be wise after the event. Others wanted a full scale lockdown from the start, even though any lockdown could not be sustained for long and would have resulted in the measures being breached more and more at the most critical time.

And through the crisis we have people carping on about relatively minor issues, such as the Cummings affair when the police are not even that sure he actually committed an offence. What kind of pedantic and picky society are we becoming? Thank heavens Mick is closing this thread down. I am not alone in saying I am thoroughly sick and tired of all this pettiness.
I too look forward to the thread closing, it's becoming tiresome watching Pierre, papa smurf and yourself defend Cummings at all costs. If forum members cannot display any objectivity, and continue to beatify Cummings and the Conservatives because of Brexit, then discussion is pretty much futile.