View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:38   #33
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: 400 more miles of the hard shoulder to be removed.

Don't get me wrong, although I mentioned London, I am well aware that London's transport, while it has faults and is in need of massive upgrades, is probably the best in the country.

I was referring to the whole country. I'd like to see what is currently offered in London to be the baseline standard for public transport all over the country, and I'd like to see prices reduced massively, with a lot more journeys actually being free. This *will* require subsidising, and I remember watching an interview years ago, where they talked to the transport minister of another country that had tried our current system of companies owning various parts of the transport network, and gone back to Nationalisation because they couldn't make it work and keep the fares low enough to encourage people to use it rather than cars. They concluded it was impossible to operate a public transport system at a profit. Sadly, this was well before the internet, and I cannot remember the name of the country.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote