View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 18:40   #559
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

There are reports going back years(ie before 2010) of problems with assessments and reports.

I have personally experienced times when Decision Makers have phoned me to explain a decision and are completely unwilling to explain any of the points raised. A big bugbear of mine is that even the ATOS/Maximus assessors don't include the medically known impact of proven conditions.

I had a report where one moment it said "Breathless on exertion", yet claimed "no breathlessness when shaving" to be proof of no problems when exerting myself to mobilise. Been around the houses with that claim. Losing at a First Tier Tribunal, appeal to Upper Tribunal, Upper Tribunal agreeing that there was an "error in law", First Tier Tribunal rehearing and finally winning support group. That all took a long time(18 months). In the meantime I had to initially sign on for JSA, and quickly signed myself off sick with an Extended Period of Sickness(EPS), which lasts for up to 3 months, made a new claim for ESA, was initially accepted(which is difficult with a previous failed ESA claim), turned down, now waiting for another Tribunal hearing, which with any luck won't need to go ahead, as I now have a very recent Tribunal ruling in my favour.

Even the Jobcentre agreed that I shouldn't be on JSA. They set things up for jobs with a maximum of 16hrs/week, which was the minimum hours they were allowed to set, and I didn't have to sign on daily as I would normally be expected to do. Crazy situation, but it looks like I'm managing to get around the roadblocks put in place.

Last edited by nomadking; 14-02-2018 at 19:25.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote