View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 20:49   #23
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: I can't get emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You panic too much, you would be doing all this from inside Gmail so if it doesn't work it just means you enter a setting wrong, it won't harm your other email accounts.

Just try it rather than talking about it.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Just tried importing from ntlworld.com to my gmail.

In Gmail click the cog in the right corner
Settings
Accounts and Import
Import mail and contacts
Put in the email you wish to import from
Email password

I left the pop3 settings alone, then clicked continue and you get a few choices on what you wish to do, with check boxes.

import mail
leave a copy of retrieved message on the server
archive incoming messages(skip the inbox)
add label to all imported emails(from email)

Then click start and it says it can take several hours to 2 days.
Not panicking at all just worrying about unforseen circumstances that I can't deal with. Not meaning to quibble, but it's easy to say 'don't panic' to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. The internet is full of people in huge problems because they followed advice either without questioning it or did it wrong because they misunderstood things which to some are simple but to others are far from it. This is the very reason I never touch registry settings.

That being said, I'm happy to try it if I can't damage anything so will report back in due course. That's the main assurance I wanted as I can't afford to lose that old mail. If it doesn't work and I have to resort to forwarding the mail manually so be it. TVM
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote