View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 00:43   #915
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Real free speech means a person being able to express any views or opinions regardless of others, you don't have to like or agree with people but constantly restricting what can be said and making it a criminal offence doesn't alleviate the problem. It drives it underground with groups of like minded individuals living in echo chambers with nobody to confront them. If your a sensitive person or somebody who allows words on the internet to negatively impact you avoid those words or develop coping mechanisms as it used to be rather then impacting the majority of people.

When I started going on the internet in the early 90's people told me it wasn't the place for the thin skinned and in the years since I've received a lot of abuse and some death threats but never have I thought about getting them silenced or involving the police. How far do we go?, where does it stop? speech with restrictions is clearly not free speech no matter how hard you delude yourself it is Richard and your personal view of what types of people you want to silence show an unpleasant aspect of you.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote