Thread: Tivo V6 New box on Saturday
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 09:01   #31
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: New box on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Are you using the VM SuperHub or your own router with a different DNS?
I'm using the VM SuperHub in modem mode, my own Netgear router but with default DNS settings. The program graphics work fine on the discovery bar, and in the panel - it's literally just the channel graphic on recorded programs.

Another poster mentioned the PQ, we'd also agree something is better. Our TV maxes at 1080p, but the old TiVo only went upto 1080i. If I use the auto-setup, the box ticks 720p, 1080i & 1080p. But it seems to work well with only 1080p ticked.

Live TV is presumably upscaled from 1080i to 1080p, and pictures do seem slightly sharper & clearer. I think even SD looks a little better.
HD-VOD happily streams at 1080p and is hard to tell from live TV. Similar for iPlayer.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote