View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 15:06   #54
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: [update] Santa Fe school shooting: 10 dead and 10 wounded in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
I mean you wouldn't blame the car in a hit and run issue so why blame the use of a gun in a massacre?
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The following mass shootings are the deadliest to have occurred in modern U.S. history (1949 to present). Only incidents with ten or more fatalities are included

It is clear to anyone with an open mind that Semi-automatic rifles/pistols need to be be made illegal to own for private use and therefore more difficult to obtain.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
Reading through the rest of your post it sounded like standard anti-gun talking points but I had to reply to this specific part - the NRA do not have to justify why anyone must own a gun of any sort. They purely justify and lobby / explain why the government doesn't have any right or ability to infringe upon any American's right to buy such a gun.

(Btw unless it is in a classified session / behind closed doors, all hearings on Congress are available to the public and are televised just FYI.)

So they're now Senators, are they? Congress is not a courtroom (even if they do behave like a super judicial branch) and even in a courtroom you don't have the chance to cross examine unless you are counsel / defense attorney or prosecution.
You obviously did not read the post enough to discover was specifically addressing semi/"full" automatic weapons.

Quote:
it sounded like standard anti-gun talking points
Exactly the retort that pro-gun supporters use to close down any debate event when the debate is specific and addressed to a sub-set of gun types

Quote:
So they're now Senators, are they? Congress is not a courtroom (even if they do behave like a super judicial branch) and even in a courtroom you don't have the chance to cross examine unless you are counsel / defense attorney or prosecution.
Pure pedantry. The point I made was obvious: parents or relatives of the deceased should be given the opportunity to cross examine, in front of the American people, the Senators and Congressmen *and* the Lobbyists sponsoring them why they block new laws controlling the weapons used to kill their loved ones.

Thoughts and prayers do nothing ..