View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 23:03   #96
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Florida Shooting: 17 Students Shot dead in another Mass Shooting in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No court has ever said that DACA is not constitutional - it's as simple as that.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...onstitutional/
In your case, no it isn't. Plenty of lawmakers have and they are correct, it is unconstitutional. I have explained why and I stand by it.

And as already stated, several States sued when Obama tried to extend the DACA program to include Adults. An injunction was put in place and it then went to the Supreme Court who kept the injunction in place.

If the current DACA program is extended beyond March 5th, several lawsuits, from several States, will go ahead.

President Obama said himself, "I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself."

He also said... "respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case."

In 2011, Obama acknowledged that he couldn't "just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law himself. ... saying... "That's not how a democracy works."

But to hell with that, he put DACA in place anyway, to provide pseudo-legal status to illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, including as teenagers. They were given work permits and were entitled to social security benefits.

He did this despite the fact Congress specifically rejected bills to provide such benefits, so however much you want to argue the toss on this, Obama abused his executive power.

So again, despite all this and my whole point since you started this issue of saying the President's EO's have a legal standing. Trump cannot invoke gun laws on his own without some serious legal challenges in the future. If it's legislated through congress, then no-one can challenge it, unless it's repealed by Congress, it's Constitutional, the same applies to DACA.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote