View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 08:44   #56
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: AM Radio fading into history

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Radio 5 live is likely to be the last to close owing to it having no FM outlet as the other BBC nationals have. I am surprised that the BBC have not done the obvious & made Radio 1 a digital only service, then given the frequencies to 5 Live. Radio 1 is after all a youth oriented station & most of their audience probably listen on their phones anyway.
The phrase "listen on their phones" when I see it is usually used when talking about an internet connection. But given many phones have an FM tuner in them it's not actually as useful a shorthand as it may first seem.

For example, I only listen to live radio on the FM tuner on my mobile. I do listen to other things but those are predownloaded before I leave the house.

And I still listen to Radio 1 occasionally, I'm not that old.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote