View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:15   #161
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m sure Tony Xu didn’t consider the publicity angle in any way shape or form before announcing to the papers that he was withholding the Ashers’ photos. Unlike the Ashers themselves, who did not seek publicity for their actions.

I seriously doubt this is about to become a major social problem.

Also ... however much difficulty you have with people who disagree with same-sex marriage, you don’t have the right to force them to participate in its advocacy.

The price of that is that some people will refuse to do things for other people. As I said, I doubt this decision is about to cause massive social rucktions, however it is just possible that it might cause activists to think twice before trying to provoke people into doing things they can then be taken to court for.
Succinctly put Chris.

I think the issue in this case is a classic example of "Over Expectation".

Gay rights have, quite rightly, grown over the years and that is and always will be welcome in an equal society, "equal", being the buzz word, but I think some people, not all, in the LGBT Community have got ahead of themselves and think they have been given more rights over non-LGBT folk and that they can have some kind of hold over them, by playing the prejudice card.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote