View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:00   #18
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
Re: Here is info and pic's of sky's vod service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
From memory V1 was made by Pace and had a 40GB Drive. V2 was made by Amstrad and again had a 40GB drive.

V3 was back to Pace and had a larger hard drive with a hidden part for 'future' use.

This is all from memory and may be wildly wrong. Basically the 1st and 2nd Gen boxes cannot use the new thing and the others can.
That's my understanding too. There was also a Sky+160 box, which was (much) more expensive, which I would assume is not included in the pseudo-VOD service.

According to reports, about half the Sky+ boxes are going to get this upgrade - so perhaps this is why there are rumours that the Sky+ charge is going to be dropped - I mean, if I had a V2 box (thankfully I have a V3 one) I wouldn't be very happy about coughing up the same tenner each month for features I couldn't access.

I am purely doodling in the wind here, but I have a feeling that if the rumours about the Sky+ service for free are true, then the 'VOD' element might be chargeable. Just a hunch, no basis for my musings.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote