View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06   #106
cedarwood
Inactive

cedarwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

I bought a HD sat kit from B&Q the other day and could not get it to work. Then on here I see there's been a few people in this thread having problems with the same things. So here's my ten penny worth. Tried setting up without a sat finder, using the settings from dishpointer.com and a compass - waste of time! Did notice that I got a "tingle" from the aerial though and thought that was odd. Also noticed that the receiver box had a misaligned or badly fixed panel so took it back to B&Q who changed everything except the wall brackets. Tried to set up again, this time with a borrowed satellite finder. Got power up to 99% but 0 on quality. Called in a knowledgeable neighbour who first discovered that the aerial provided had not had the ends put on properly. (had still been getting a "tingle") He set up the dish with the finder and still no joy. However on touching the switch on the receiver box you got a "tingle" again. (Why is that?) Eventually realised the switch on the box was dicky as it worked when you gave it a sharp tap (sometimes) In the end we connected the neighbours receiver box to our set up and got a perfect picture. So back to B&Q again for the third box - wish I had bought one somewhere else now!
cedarwood is offline   Reply With Quote