View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 21:44   #37
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Universal Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Hi and Thanks for your Advice I will go to CAB on Tuesday Morn I did everything I was to do when I went to Job Centre to reg for UC and gave my Tenancy Agreement then told to go to The Glasgow Housing to Claim Housing Benefit I then went there and thought that was it simple went online and reg for claim with them then I took my UC letter to them which was delayed due to a back log My Bully Landlord stated when I let him know that I was claiming UC he would deal with any rent payment going direct to him as if I would not pay it to him? well he seems to have messed up and now im sitting here with a hand delivered Court Letter? I finally got through to The Glasgow City Housing and was told that the rent should have been paid to me with my UC which it hasnt been I felt like crying with frustration as I came off the phone no wiser? its A MINE FIELD everyone should make sure they get all facts at the start of claiming as its a Blame Game Do not just sit infront of a UC Advisor and let them fool you into a False Security they either have not got a Clue themselves or are Avoiding the facts that UC is No use to a Claimant.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

I am going to now have to get into Debt from some source to try to pay my Rent Arrears before my Court Date so that I am not Homeless and on the streets and also this Court letter will maybe effect me getting a job as I have just been for interviews and a Credit Check is what future Employers and Agencies do and this will depend on me passing a Credit Check and getting a new job? I do hope that I am the only person that is having this really Bad UC experience as I feel Defeated before ive even had a chance to get a new job.
Hand delivered Court letter? A section 21 and/or section 33 letter maybe.

The landlord wouldn't be able to have direct payment until you were 2 months behind.
CAB
Quote:
If you’re 2 months or more behind on your rent, your landlord can ask for some of your regular payment to cover your rent arrears. Your landlord will have been told that you’re getting Universal Credit when you apply.
Not sure it's anything specific to UC.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's the England section. Need to click on the Scotland link at top right of page.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote