View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 16:22   #648
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Changes on the High Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I asked at the Apple Store last time I was in because they were being very diligent asking people if they'd had symptoms, checking temperatures and also checking mask types (they weren't allowing buff-type bandana masks and made my son swap his for a disposable one they gave him).

The shop assistant said about 1 in 10 customers presented at the door without a mask. All of these were asked if there was a reason why they weren't wearing one and whether they would wear one in store. According to him, 9 out of 10 of those challenged in that way would then put on a mask.

It's not very scientific, but that indicates perhaps 1 in a hundred Apple Store customers can't wear one (perhaps also 'won't', but the security staff on the door were being pretty firm, so I imagine most people who don't want to wear a mask but do want to buy an iPhone suddenly find a reason to be pragmatic). That figure is comfortably less than the proportion of the Great Unwashed I witnessed shuffling around the shopping centre outside anyway.

I think i get your point, which is if more security staff at stores were to act firmer, then more people would wear masks voluntarily (please correct me If I'm misunderstanding)

The issue i take with the above is security staff being firm part.

If person A walks in and is challenged and is asked 'is there a reason why you can wear a mask?' All person A has to do is say, 'yes, there is' nothing further needs to be said, nor can be asked about why.

If security were then to refuse entry and a Person A has a legitimate medical reason as to why they don't have to wear a mask Apple would find itself in a whole lot of trouble legally.

Businesses are in a difficult situation attempting to deal with these situations. One wrong move against the wrong person and it will be negative publicity and the pitchfork wielding hordes demanding 'Sun justice'