View Single Post
Old 23-12-2019, 11:54   #1207
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sky Crime has replaced Real Lives, which no longer broadcasts.

Just noticed that Sky Comedy is actually going to replace the Universal Channel, so we've lost three and gained two, I'll grant you that! Keep your eye on Sky Two, though - that is rumoured to be next in the firing line.
I'm going to ask the obvious question as to the ultimate source of the rumour. Is it you? given the number of years you've persisted with the same messages in the absence of any evidence at all.

I've seen you reference it numerous times and not once seen a single other person, on any forum, anywhere.

Even if Sky did close a channel that was ultimately repeats of the main channel, content replicated On Demand, etc. I'd be more worried if they closed down Sky One.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Why would he ? I have superfast broadband available and still watch a mix of linear , recorded and On Demand content.

Many times I end up watching programmes from the TV Guide in fact I find Netflix overwhelming sometimes and give up.
I see we are still stuck on the Old Boy can't see past his own utopian vision of the future - one he pays £99 a month to Virgin of all people to enjoy!

I'll again reference the point since Tivo/Sky+ have become common not a single subscriber to Sky or Virgin has had to watch a second of live scheduled television, ever. Yet, they do.

Last edited by jfman; 23-12-2019 at 11:59.