Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 23:21   #52
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Didn't take long for this to be blocked due to copyright. You'd think they would want this to be out there to generate as much interest as posible.
They did this with Discovery as well. I think it’s only to allow the trailer to appear with the correct distributor branding in each territory, which in the UK was Netflix for Discovery and is Amazon Prime for Picard. So we’re reliant on the local distributor getting their marketing effort together. IIRC it took Netflix a couple of weeks to put up the very first Discovery trailers in late 2017, but by that time the CBS version had been uploaded to YouTube so many times had they been hoping for a big bang when their version went up they’ll have been disappointed. I expect Amazon will find the same if they don’t get a move on. In the meantime I guess it’s only a matter of time before the CBS Picard trailer gets multiple unofficial uploads so perhaps we will get to see it shortly anyway.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Looks like Amazon uploaded their version about 3 hours ago. Here you go:

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote