View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 16:10   #65
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I always wait when new products first come out Richard, especially things like STB's or anything high tech, there always seems to be problems with software glitches etc, it does seem ridiculous that they have released this box and people like yourself are having to contend with rebooting etc, just not good enough imo, I hope you get things sorted though..
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Wouldn't a temporary fix not be to stop putting your boxes into standby? I leave mine on all the time and have no problems.
That's what I've been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
A Dodgy V6 is better than a good Tivo
True, the TiVo became unusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Its interesting that Richard has had problems with both Tivo and the V6. I'm not saying this is the case, but does the problem come from elsewhere, i.e. VM's network to his premises or ancillary equipment connected? With such problems, it's worth looking at all aspects. HDMI handshakes often cause problems.
SP said that it might be a compatibility issue with my TV (Samsung).

It happened again yesterday. First there's a burst of audible white noise, then the sound that it emits when using the remote control stops, then the commands made by using the remote are only roughly carried out eg going further when tabbing down and behaving as though you've pressed enter on something that you don't want. It also runs slower with some purple circling similar to the old TiVo, so whatever it's doing must be using CPU resources.

VM could have commissioned this box much earlier to allow for more testing and for it to be made available much earlier.

Perhaps they were waiting to see what Sky did first??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote