View Single Post
Old 11-02-2024, 10:20   #478
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Talk Talk may have a decent consumer base, but it’s mainly delivered over OpenReach infrastructure and I’m not sure that’s what VMO2 are looking for.
Agreed. The article had this to say on that subject
Quote:
Any tie-up would also likely involve a wholesale agreement back to TalkTalk, though VMO2 would ultimately look to shift the customers over to full-fibre as it builds out its network.
I would have though Vodafone would be a better combination, given their use of City Fibre and Open Reach like Talk Talk and value focus. However, Vodafone are busy trying to merge with Three and not flush with cash which is what TalkTalk's owners need.

The Telegraph also suggested regulatory issues might be a concern with Vodafone. I thought this would be less of a concern as they're not as large a player in broadband as VM.
Quote:
TalkTalk’s consumer base could attract interest from other industry players including Vodafone, though any such deal would likely face greater regulatory scrutiny given the two companies serve similar parts of the market.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote