View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:03   #1893
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Not the same at all. First, the French Commissioner started the bragging; then the Irish Teashop jumped in followed by the Irish Tainasty. That's the EU taking a poke at the UK.

Second, what's this confection of the the UK punishing the EU? Boris is a bumbling bragger and some of his team follow his lead. Why introduce that stupid point?

And remember the context: The EU tried to prevent us receiving vaccines. They are the enemy. Simples.

As far as i can surmise you're an intelligent person, if you fail to see that the EU would seek to punish the UK in certain ways then that's on you. (I'll admit they have in other aspects, but, i don't believe that this is one)

We've left, we need to accept and work with the consequences, constraints and also benefits that come with us leaving.

Will there be benefits? Probably.
Will there be downsides? Absolutely.

Finally, I do wish you would desist with your constant bleating and use of the word 'enemy' to describe the EU it detracts from someone who is skilled at debate.

Thankfully even the most inept politicians seem to realising that such jingoism will not help us develop and forge the relationships we need to compete in the global economy.